Gender equity in media access, representation, employment and ownership — and a world in which a just media is considered essential to a just society.
WHAT WAM! DOES
WAM! connects, supports and organizes media makers, activists, academics and funders working to advance women’s media participation, ownership and representation. Our work is part of an advocacy movement for gender justice in media. Click here for details about how we do it!
OUR CORE VALUES
- WAM! constantly seeks to remove barriers to entry. All individuals aligned with our mission & vision are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- WAM! is intergenerational, anti-racist, pro-economic-justice, anti-transmisogyny, queer-friendly, pro-immigrant, anti-abelist, interfaith, and supports size diversity.
- WAM! belongs to the communities we serve. All WAM! leaders are stewards in service to these communities.
- WAM! believes that institutions can only be changed when pressure is applied from the inside and from the outside.
- WAM! believes that social change can be fun, and encourages creative, positive, inclusive action.
- WAM! welcomes the next generation of leaders now, while integrating the lessons of previous generations.
- WAM! is concerned with all kinds of media, including news, opinion-making, social networks, film, theater, television, music, video games, and more.
Warning: Parameter 5 to PPCE_CapInterceptor::has_post_cap_vars() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/womenactmedia/womenactionmedia.org/cms/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Warning: Parameter 5 to PPCE_CapInterceptor::save_post_permissions_maint() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/womenactmedia/womenactionmedia.org/cms/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298