Ever wish you could get more involved in making women’s words matter in the media? Well, we’ve got a great way to do just that. We’re in the process of hiring WAM! INTERNS. Could it be you or someone you know?
Help us create gender justice in media by joining the crack team at WAM!Central. Specifically, we’re looking for Program Interns who want to do the following:
- Support our WAM!Chapters, and connect our Women, Action & the Media (WAM!) programs to new communities
- Blog about gender & media issues on our website
- Create video and other media that communicates our mission to key communities
- Help develop & promote our new WAM!CAN Community Action Network
- Gain crucial office skills
Good candidates must be willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week, including time for supervision. Fearless in the face of detail. Computer/internet savvy (Mac especially) very helpful.
We are happy to work with schools to help you earn college credit.
Feminists of all colors, cultures, identities and orientations encouraged to apply.
WORK-WHERE-YOU-ARE AVAILABLE: if you have reliable access to Skype or Google Hangouts for communicating with WAM!Central, and can work during some meaningful part of U.S. Eastern Time business hours, you are welcome to apply.
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (subject: WAM! Internship).